Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jackson doctor speaks out for first time

       The doctor at the centre of a police investigation into the death of Michael Jackson spoke out publicly on Tuesday for the first time, saying he had told authorities the truth.
       "I have done all I could do, I told the truth, and I have faith the truth will prevail," Conrad Murray said in a brief video message posted on the celebrity website TMZ.com. Dr Murray was Jackson's personal physician at the time of his sudden death aged 50 on June 25 in Los Angeles. The 51-year-old doctor is identified in court records as a suspect in a Los Angeles police department manslaughter investigation.
       In the video clip, Dr Murray thanks his "patients and friends who have sent such kind emails, letters and messages to let me know of your support and praise for me and my family".
       "Because of all that is going on, I'm afraid to return phone calls or use my email," Dr Murray said."Therefore, I recorded this video to let all of you know that I have been receiving the messages."
       He is reported to have left the room the morning Jackson died after giving the pop singer a shot of Propofol, a powerful sedative typically reserved for use in operating rooms, according to news reports.
       Dr Murray legally obtained Propofol from a Las Vegas pharmacy and gave it as treatment for insomnia, unnamed sources told the Los Angeles Times .Dr Murray, who began working as Jackson's personal doctor in May, told police that he had not experienced any problems with the drug and felt comfortable leaving Jackson alone to step out to make calls on his cellphone, the sources told the newspaper.
       Police and federal agents raided Dr Murray's offices in Las Vegas, Nevada,and Houston, Texas, as well as a Las Vegas pharmacy that allegedly provided the medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment